Conducting a market research requires good preparation, rigorous deployment and continuous monitoring in order to generate reliable data which may provide effective responses to the marketing research objectives.
In this logic, we ensure that any qualitative research or survey goes through an elaborate process, which involves the following steps:
1) Brief between the market research company and the client
We start marketing research by a scoping meeting to understand the problem and the client environment:
- company's business
- activity area
- product offering
- strategic positioning
We work together to build strong and healthy foundation before realizing the project. Then we submit to you a proposal detailing the methodology to be implemented, the planned schedule and the required budget.
2) Marketing Study Design
Before carrying out a market research, we perform a series of recurring preparatory tasks to frame the process and to get equipped with tools:
In some situations, our market research firm may conduct a desktop research to fully grasp the customer's business and working environment.
Defining the sampling plan
We specify the target to investigate (gender, age, CSP etc.). Then, to make a compromise between budget and representativeness, we generally choose a sample with the quotas method, and of course we ensure the representativeness of the sample compared to the base population.
Choice and conception of data collection methods/tools
The data collection can be realized by a questionnaire in case of polls or by an interview guide in case of qualitative research (individual interviews and focus group).
In case of quantitative research (survey or poll), we choose a mode of questionnaire administration that is effective and appropriate from the following available options: face to face, telephone, online survey, email, mail etc.
We focus on the objectives of the marketing research when writing and structuring the questionnaire in order to solve your issue without being distracted.
After putting the final touches on the reflection part before launching the operational side, we organize another meeting to validate the questionnaire, otherwise we run a second iteration.
Even after the launch of the marketing research, we continuously keep you informed of the work progress, and we respond and take into account your comments and remarks.
3) Recruitment and Training
This part is particularly important. We strive to collect reliable data by recruiting adequate profiles and providing them with a solid training session on the market research subject and how to interview people.
We also sensitize interviewers to the obligation to preserve confidentiality and we ask them to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Each interviewer is selected according to his technical and personal skills, and in addition, he is subject to rigorous support to prepare him more to the project. We choose specialized profiles in case of technical marketing studies.
Executives, namely field supervisors, research managers and facilitators of group meetings are also assigned depending of their skills, abilities and appropriateness.
Training and briefing sessions are systematically provided at each survey or market research. They are intended to train interviewers on how to ask the participants, how to administer a questionnaire by following its instructions, how to ask follow-up questions and practice active listening ...
Our marketing research firm strives to retain some interviewers and provide them with continuous training, which may be even too specific. These advanced and loyal profiles will be prepared to recurring marketing studies that are pertaining to more technical topics.
4) Conducting the survey on field
After recruiting and briefing the field team (supervisors, interviewers etc.). We actually launch the marketing research in two stages:
The pilot survey
Before launching the large-scale poll, we carry out a pilot survey of a small sample of the population in question, to test and validate the methods of data collection, the effectiveness of the questionnaire and the average time of its administration.
The large-scale market research
Now everything is ready and validated. We advance in the project by:
- Ensuring strict monitoring with severe controls during data collection with our polling supervisors.
- Paying attention to the planned schedule.
- Analyzing the quality of the workflow and progression with indicators such as response rate, the consistency of the preliminary results, the representativeness and the respect of quotas etc.
Control and quality
To increase the quality of the field survey, we implement a series of measures and perform some routine actions at all stages of the poll realization to ensure the collection of reliable data:
- Supervision of field interviewers (presence, pace of work, respect of methodology and instructions etc.).
- Control of questionnaires as the market research progresses to completion (consistency of responses, administration time etc.) and alerting the concerned interviewer if needed.
- Checking some phonecalls by listening to the whole conversation.
- Post-field phone calls of some interviewees that we designate randomly.
5) Processing and data analysis
Several tasks are performed to exploit the collected data and to draw constructive conclusions:
- Data cleansing.
- Post-encoding of answers collected with open-ended questions and content lexical analysis.
- Simple tabulation and cross tabulations.
Note that you can carry out an online survey with our polling platform. The data entry in the database is systematically done when conducting interviews. In addition, tables, graphics and a research report (portable CSV file) can be generated online immediately after filling out the first questionnaire. This results in lower costs, time savings and a low error rate.
To complete the analysis and further exploit the results, we use other more sophisticated processing software:
- Database management systems (DBMS) to make the data more easy to clean, compare, sort, filter, combine, organize, consolidate, order etc.
- Advanced statistical analysis and data mining programs to compute other values: correlation, regression, principal component analysis (PCA), correspondence analysis (CA), multiple correspondence analysis (MCA), segmentation, modeling, significance tests, conjoint analysis, perceptual map etc.
- Text analysis programs.
- Custom algorithms to automate tasks and make specific operations.
We are well equipped and we do rigorous work of analysis using all the available methods of processing, modeling and interpretation.
Indeed, the reporting and the dissemination of the first results are provided from the very beginning through our platform that allows us to carry out an online survey. At the end of the project we write a comprehensive and detailed report that summarizes all the market research and presents the results in order to facilitate the decision making process.
Our role is not to write a report with complicated charts in order to amaze the customer, but rather to respond to the initial problem and provide objective, reliable and operational recommendations that may help him to make informed commercial or marketing decisions.
Did you like our methodology? Are you planning to conduct a market study? Contact us to offer you customized solutions with solutions suitable to your problems and a continuous and personalized support.