Based on our experience in qualitative studies, after a detailed examination of your research question, we carry out and carry out your qualitative research.
Our methodology is proven, in addition, we manage the whole cycle of the study project, namely:
- Specification and clarification of the research question and objectives of the study.
- Definition of the participants' profile.
- Choice of qualitative data collection methodology: individual interviews, focus group or observation.
- Recruitment of participants in consumer meetings, interviews or observation sessions if they are not disguised.
- Preparation of the interview guide, guide of animation or grid of observation by the person in charge, namely: moderator, moderator, qualitative studies, observer etc.
- Animation, conducting and conducting focus groups, individual interviews or observation sessions.
- Verbatim transcription (word-for-word) and analysis of audio or video files.
- Synthesizing data and disseminating reports and recommendations.
What is a qualitative study?
Qualitative studies aim to better identify the motivations underlying behaviors and also to discover feelings, judgments, perceptions, states of mind, attitudes, practices, uses and other non-measurable qualitative variables Of your target audiences.
This type of study is intended to be exploratory. Indeed, the objective is to understand more deeply the behaviors and thought mechanisms of the subjects or populations studied, and to collect opinions as varied as possible to answer the research question exhaustively.
Thanks to our experienced facilitators, the sessions are moderated in an efficient and open way, to stimulate the discussion, to push the debate and to extract the maximum possible judgments by digging more.
What is the difference between a qualitative study and a quantitative study?
Unlike qualitative studies, a quantitative study aims rather at enumerating behaviors, attitudes, opinions, modes and habits of consumption or any other variable such as satisfaction, fidelity, judgment on a concept, An advertising spot, a brand, etc., by interviewing a sample that clearly represents the population to be studied, and finally drawing general conclusions by extrapolating what was deduced from the study (sample survey).
These two types of studies are complementary and allow to answer two questions:
- The qualitative answers why?
- The quantitative answer how much?
Why make a qualitative study?
A qualitative research exploratory allows to fulfill the following missions:
- Exploring the mechanisms of thought and judgment in individuals;
- Narrow the expectations of a target;
- Testing a new product, concept, packaging or advertising message in order to produce correct marketing ideas that will be well received by the market;
- Discovering the blocking or inciting factors behind behavior such as barriers to purchase, motivations, etc. ;
- Ability to explain certain events such as use of a product;
- Discover new trends, codes, consumer masks and models of behavior to stay tuned to the market that is very turbulent.
In many cases, a qualitative study is needed to mark the ground for a primary quantitative study (sample survey) by better defining the subject, the research question and the hypotheses to be validated.
Our types of qualitative market research
Three types of qualitative studies are available to answer different problems and collect specific data.
The group meeting
Group meetings are one of the preferred methods for qualitative research. Their major interest is the collective exchange and the interaction which allow to enrich the results and thus allow the facilitator and the research manager to arrive at a better customer insight.
To carry out a consumer meeting, our institute of qualitative marketing studies usually invites 6 to 10 people for a duration of 2 to 4 hours.
The sessions are filmed or recorded, the participants' remarks are transcribed, and finally, the whole is dissected in detail in order to establish a global synthesis.
Individual face-to-face or telephone interviews
We consider individual interviews when the subject is rather sensitive or confidential. Our Study Manager receives a person in an individual interview to ask a series of questions using a maintenance guide containing a set of specified guidelines.
The individual interview by telephone or face-to-face usually lasts one hour, the interviewee's comments are recorded in an audio file which is transcribed in extenso for further analysis and conclusions.
Thanks to the proximity afforded by simple interviews and in depth, our head of research collects very detailed qualitative data and can better study the research question.
Our firm of qualitative studies conducts three types of interviews simple and in depth depending on the degree of involvement of the facilitator and the level of latitude granted to the persons interviewed.
- Directional interview;
- Non-directional interview;
- Semi-directional interview.
Sometimes projective methods are chosen to indirectly collect sincere and unbiased answers in the case of questions that may bother the participants:
- Roleplay ;
- Sentences or stories to complete;
- Word / image associations;
- TAT (Thematic Appreciation Test);
- Chinese portrait ;
We implement effective, discrete and non-intrusive qualitative observation methods to monitor your targeted audiences in action.
Through observation, you are offered the opportunity to study shoppers, customers and consumers behaving spontaneously in strategic locations important for your marketing analyzes (supermarkets for example).
Our methods of collecting qualitative data
Our qualitative department, in close collaboration with our IT experts, strives to design new methods for collecting and analyzing qualitative data such as:
- The online focus group (chat room);
- The focus group via Skype;
- Web maintenance;
- Telephone or Skype conferencing;
- the forums ;
- The online newspaper;
IT, web and mobile technologies provide access to remote participants who can not travel to the office.
Our Qualitative Marketing Studies
AFA Advisory has put in place a rich and comprehensive range of methodologies and qualitative studies, each addressing a given problem.
- Image study;
- Concept test, packaging, product, prototype;
- Communication test (pre-test and post-test advertising);
- Pre-testing of websites;
- Studies use and attitudes;
- Sensory studies
Why choose our institute for qualitative studies?
We offer you the following advantages:
- Tailored solutions and well-tailored devices for your problems;
- Rich and accurate analyzes;
- Effective and operational recommendations;
- Constant and personalized support;
- An expert team focused on exploratory qualitative research: marketing specialists, sociologists and other profiles who have a good knowledge in social sciences and humanities;
- Multi-sector expertise.
Disclaimer: This article is translated with Google.